Active/Health promoting Schools
Here is a look at our Active/Health Promoting Schools Board in school at the moment and some recent active days in school.
Below you can see:
- Our Be Active Poster competition,
- Our Active/Health Promoting Board
- Student-Teacher Basketball Match
- 3rd/4th Class Gymnastics, using our new equipment
- Sciath na Scol Football Semi-Final
- Tug of War
- Halloween Disco
- Active Homework
- 12 Days of Fitness: We had great fun doing this during the run up to the Christmas Holidays!
o 12 jumping jacks
o 11 raise the roofs (arms overhead, palms to the ceiling and push up & down)
o 10 knee lifts
o 9 side bends
o 8 jogs on the spot
o 7 punches in the air
o 6 kicks to the front
o 5 hula hoops (imaginary hula hoops)
o 4 jumping rope (imaginary rope)
o 3 muscle poses
o 2 scissors (feet apart then cross in front, feet apart then cross in back).
o 1 stork stand (balance on one foot).
- Let's Get Active Awards pictures.
2017-2018 Website List
2016-2017 Website List
Active Schools: http://www.activeschoolflag.ie/
Irish Water Safety: http://www.iws.ie/
Operation Transformation: https://ot.rte.ie/
HSE Be Active ASAP: http://www.beactiveasap.ie/
Get Active Ireland: http://www.getirelandactive.ie/
Action for Life: http://www.irishheart.ie/iopen24/action-life-resources-t-8_197_199_204.html
Road Safety Authority: http://www.rsa.ie/
Inniscarra GAA http://www.inniscarragaa.com/
Inniscarra Camogie http://www.inniscarra.org/sport/Sport/inniscarra_camogie.html
Muskerry Rubgy http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/Muskerryrugby
http://www.designedtomove.org Explains how exercise can help you live 5 years longer!
Click on these links to find some very good advice about sun protection:
04-02-2017 We have successfully completed our Land Primary Aquatic Water Safety
- 08/02/2017 Please click here for Best Start: Inclusive Schools Project resources
- 14/020/2017 Pictures of our Operation Transformation 10@10
- 20-02/2017 Picture of our Active Student of the week
- 21-02-2017 Climbing Torc Waterfall
- 22-05-2017 Fota Cheetah Run